Thursday, June 2, 2011

Jordan's Rolodex award and other SOC Motivational Contests

Jordan awards a "Rolodex Award" for anyone that completes 100 GAW's.  Last year I had a goal to earn my Rolodex award before convention (I must admit I was mistaken but thought Jordan might recognize Rolodex award winners at convention). At one week to go I was still 10 away, with no one scheduled and never had I done a week with 10 GAW's before.  We had an open house event at our ranch that coincided with National Alpaca Open Ranch Days on Saturday and Sunday before heading out to Salt Lake on Monday for Convention which started Thursday.  I set up a SOC booth at the open ranch days and was highly motivated to show people send out cards and fill my calendar for Monday-Wednesday on the road and on the phone doing GAW's, and Wednesday evening I finish the last one.

Similarly, when we promoted to manager I had a deadline due to our first distributor's anniversary in case she didn't renew, and when I promoted to Senior Manager I was one day late to walk across the stage at the Phoenix Treat-em right.  And this week when I signed up a distributor and realized that the Freedom 100 Pin was within my reach I spent Monday making calls and found my 4 retail customers, and a spare just to make sure!  I would not have said that I pay to much attention to the contests at SOC... I barely know what an Eagle's point is.  But looking back I realize how much motivation I have received from these mini-contests.  I think distributors should use the Rolodex award for what it is intended, a motivational milestone to start you on the path to success.  You already want to do 100 GAW, because you want to start down the road of financial freedom.  It's nice to be recognized for doing it and great that Jordan gives you a pat on the back along with the self satisfaction for having completed a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment