Monday, February 7, 2011

A Solution to track your contacts.

Mid December I believe it was, (Yes it was the night of the Colorado SOC Christmas party) I finished up the my Filemaker Daily 8 tracker software and posted it to the blog page.  Those extremely observant of you may have noticed and downloaded it.  At that time all I asked for was comments back.  Now after getting some feed back and making the noted adjustments, I have released a second beta version and am ready to announce the availability of this great tool. 

I conceived of this about 2 months into my SOC career.  What I found was that I would tell three people, and then wait for their answer, because I could not keep up with all the people I had told, and then I would never follow up with them, etc, etc.  I needed a contact tracker, that could also keep track of my daily 8 points (if you are unfamiliar with the Daily 8 look it up at www.thedaily8.com... (http://www.thedaily8.com/) Most brilliant training and Success plan out there!).  So I created a database in Access. 

Once finished I decided it was a HUGE help to my business and allowed me to let people sign up in their own time, rather than pressuring them for an answer just so I would not forget to follow up!  I wanted to share with others.  Trouble is.. Access is not a software that in conducive to sharing applications, except with other people who have Access.  I have run into this before with other projects.  I decided it was high time to learn Filemaker.

Filemaker allows you to create stand alone applications that do not require the hosting computer to have Filemaker.  So being the second time I created this tool (and incidentally the second project I completed with this software, since I also create the solution for http:\\www.mylifesinfo.com on Filemaker) I was able to improve it, and make it user friendly. 

Finally after a few beta testers gave me back their responses, I was able to incorporate some suggestions, and have the version available on this blog today.  The system will be provided gratis to my downline, but will also be available for $30 to any other SOC distributor. 

Please download it and try it out.  Your first 10 contacts may be added to the trial version, and if you like it, purchase the license, and open up the world of possibilities.  Click on the "Daily 8 Tracker" tab at the top of this page to find it.

This product is not (yet) endorsed by Send Out Cards, nor is it meant to compete with the Contact Manager in Send Out Cards, nor the Daily 8 Planner sold by Send Out Cards, nor the index card system promoted by Jordan Adler.  Instead this system fills a need not currently available by Send Out Cards, and not specifically addressed by Oprius or other broader scope tools.  Please try it, provide feedback.  Be a part of helping me develop this into a mainstream tool to be used by all SOC distributors.

No comments:

Post a Comment